The 17 cm Kanone 18 in Mörserlafette (German: Heavy Howitzer Carriage) (17 cm K 18 in MrsLaf) was a German heavy gun used in the Second World War. It was intended to be employed at the Corps level in order to provide long-range counter-battery support. It filled the same basic role as the 21 cm Mörser 18 as well as sharing its carriage, and replaced it entirely after 1942. Although it was technically an excellent weapon, it was expensive, difficult to maneuver, and very slow to set up and tear down; many were lost when their crews abandoned them to avoid capture by advancing Allied forces.
Located at Fort Sill Oklahoma
Pictures taken and shared by Matt Riesmeyer