German 30cm Raketenwerfer 56

The 30 cm Raketenwerfer 56 was a German multiple rocket launcher used in the Second World War. It served with units of the Nebeltruppen, the German equivalent of the U.S. Army's Chemical Corps. Just as the Chemical Corps had responsibility for poison gas and smoke weapons that were used instead to deliver high-explosives during the war so did the Nebeltruppen. The name "Nebelwerfer" is best translated as "smoke-thrower". 694 saw service from 1944—45 in all theaters except Norway.



Located at Fort Sills, Oklahoma

Pictures taken and shared by Matt Riesmeyer